CINTECH SOLUTIONS LTD organizes and manages Open Calls. With the management of cascading calls, business opportunities beyond ordinary are offered. Cascade funding or also known as Financial Support for Third Parties is a European Commission mechanism to distribute smaller amounts of public funds, in order to support specific aspects, such as the incorporation of new technologies and innovative services, promotion of SMEs and start-ups, promotion of pioneering sectors.
This funding method aims at simplifying the administrative procedures, creating a light, SME-friendly application scheme, by allowing that some EU-funded projects may issue, in turn, Open Calls for further funding. This scheme was first introduced by the European Commission in Horizon 2020, the Framework Program for Research and Innovation (2014-2020).
This mechanism offers SMEs and start-ups funds ranging from 50,000 to 150,000 euros and offers them the possibility of getting involved in large projects, establish relationships and cooperate with other (bigger) companies at European level, technology centres and universities. To participate, no prior guarantee or collateral is required. The bureaucratic and administrative management is shorter, the evaluation timeline is shorter and the reporting is simpler.
Cascade funding are grants that are managed and paid by the beneficiaries of the European project that supports them. This means that funding decisions are not the responsibility of the European Commission, but of the project coordinators. The projects launch open calls for proposals to attract potential applicants, in particular start-ups and SMEs.
The main focus areas of Horizon Europe (pillar II) are:
- Culture, Creativity & Inclusive Societies
- Civil Security for Society
- Digital, Industry & Space
- Climate, Energy & Mobility
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture & Environment
- JRC (non-nuclear direct actions)
CINTECH SOLUTIONS LTD participates in EU projects as Consortium Partner, managing Open Calls and funding to third parties, leading dissemination, exploitation and communication activities. Please check our portfolio here
- if you are planning to write an EU proposal and are interested to develop together a winning project, or
- you are an SME or start-up specializing in or somehow engaged to the above areas looking for funding opportunities, please contact CINTECH SOLUTIONS LTD.